Amp Power Supply
|Power Supply Parts||Description||No.||Supplier||Stock No.||USD ea.||Total|
|T1||TRNS, 300VA, 40V, Center Tap||1||Antek||AN-3240||36.00||36.00|
|BR1||RECTIFIER BRIDGE 200V 25A D-34A||1||DK||26MB20A-ND||8.87||8.87|
|CP1, CP2||CAP 12000UF 80V ELECT TUP SERIES||2||DK||P10032-ND||12.07||24.14|
|CP3||CAP .1UF 250VDC METAL POLY CAP||1||DK||EF2104-ND||0.34||0.34|
|AC1||AC Receptacle IEC 320-C14||1||DK||Q210-ND||0.70||0.70|
|PC1||Power Cable, NEMA 5-15P to IEC 320-C13||1||DK||Q125-ND||4.1||4.10|
|FH1||HOLDER FUSE 3AG .500"L 1POS||1||DK||3536K-ND||1.55||1.55|
|FH2||HOLDER FUSE 3AG 2.375"L 4POS||1||DK||3539K-ND||5.28||5.28|
|F1||FUSE 8A 250V T-LAG GLS MD||4||DK||283-2755-ND||1.00||4.00|
|F2-F5||FUSE 5A 250V FAST AGC GLASS||8||DK||283-2635-ND||0.70||5.60|
|R52||RES 3.9K OHM 2W 5% METAL OXIDE||2||DK||OY39GK-ND||0.25||0.50|
|R53||RES CERAMIC COMP 100 OHM 2W||1||DK||OY101KE-ND||1.28||1.28|
|S1||SWITCH TOGGLE DPST 5A SLDR 5PCS||1||DK||360-2087-ND||7.65||7.65|
|Tip For Soldering Wire Leads to Small Components|
- Attach the terminal strip to the chassis about 1" from the ground clip and parallel to the right channel amplifier fin with two #6 counter sink machine screws. The terminal strip simplifies connection between transformer, PSDU and amplifier boards by making these components modular.
- Solder the snubbing capacitor to the AC terminals of the rectifier. Wrap and solder the leads as close to the body of the rectifier as possible to avoid interference with the slip on terminals.
- Remove the PSDU and attach the fuse buses (F1-F5) to the rectifier post. Install washers between to allow passage of the capacitor wire ties. Attach the bridge rectifier to the top of the rectifier post with a 1/4" machine screw.
- Mount the toroid transformer to the toroid bracket. A new transformer will come with two round rubber disks and steel washer for mounting. One disk is placed between the transformer and bracket. The other is placed between the transformer and washer. Since the transformer is mounted on edge, place a small piece of foam or cardboard between it and the chassis base to protect the windings. The primary and secondary leads should face toward the bracket. The center bolt (or all-thread) should be cut so no excess is protruding.
- Install the power switch on the controls panel.
- Wire the circuit according to the schematic above. The wiring on the primary and secondary side of the transformer should be 14 gauge stranded copper hook up wire. The wiring from the DC side of the rectifier should be 18 gauge stranded copper.
- Power up the supply and measure the DC voltage at the terminal strip. It should measure "+" and "-" 56 - 59 Volts.
- The bleeder resistors (R52) are shown below. One end of each is soldered to the rectifier connectors (+/-). The other ends are joined and grounded to the chassis using the